7.20.2009

feeling funny

My mom woke me up at 4am this morning to discuss her thoughts about the brand new car purchased last night. We have yet to bring it home since the papers and the license plate are still in process. I guess mom felt a little surreal since it's our first SUV.


With only four hours of sleep, my brain felt like it was floating on a tub full of water (hydrocephalus?? unlikely...) but I tried my best to concentrate coz I knew that mom needed someone to hear her out. We talked about parking, driving it around camp, and then taking it downtown.


It was a nice conversation that made me think of how great my day would be while taking a shower. I was full of energy when I stepped out of the house but something made it all dissapate when I got to the clinic.


First was this co-worker who was kinda rude even after I offered to hear her out about her dramatic love story. Could you believe that she even indiscreetly kicked me out of her office during our conversation?????



Talk about being rude!!



Anyway, instead of sinking in all that negativity in my system, I decided to just whisk it away since I had better issues to concentrate my energy and mind on. Such as a call from my friend who's gonna help me out in getting a part-time job outside as an RN, my class at the Recreation, and family time tonight.

Three hours later.....................
I had to stop writing since a patient came in for examination. Now, out of the hospital finished with my class at Recreation, I'm sitting on a couch with my feet up, relaxing. Yes! Most of my commitments are done for the day. :)
The co-worker I mentioned above had an even more dramatic episode forty-five minutes before I left the unit. Thankfully, no more patients came to be examined so I guess I had a couple minutes to spare. Something really bad happened to her and I just didn't know how to express my sympathy towards her (primarily because of what happened earlier this morning). I tried to use the kindest negative words but she stopped me and said I was too innocent and didn't know how horribe the world is. Okay I get that, but please, understand that I'm trying to be as tactful as I can be with you... I didn't want to say brutal comments about the 'cause' since I wasn't sure how she'd react.
(Long deep breath)
Anyway...... my class at the Recreation was really nice, I don't have any complaints. I taught them how to put make-up on themselves and on each other. It was fun and interesting but too time-consuming. We weren't able to touch on runway and posing today, which got me kinda worried. But I have confidence in my participants so I'm really sure they'll go a great job on Wednesday.
I just glanced out the window and noticed how smooth a lady parked her SUV across the street. Amazing! This really reminded me of what mom said early this morning: Sweetheart, you really need to polish on your parking. LOL!
My stomach's grumbling now so I gotta grab a snack....
Catch ya later amigas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment