7.19.2009

miss independent... literally

An hour before my first modeling session at the Recreation I got a call from the assistant I was really counting on to help me out. She told me she was sick with a sore throat therefore couldn't make it because she's scared that the students would get infected with her disease.

Instead of inquiring further about her illness, I decided to drop it and wished she would get well soon. What struck me was when she said that she knows she won't get better until the next couple of days. (Like... really!?)

Technically, her excuse didn't buy my sympathy. Why? Mainly because a sore throat cannot be caught by people around you. There are two types, viral and bacterial. For the viral sore throat, you get the flu first then the sore throat. Whereas the bacterial type could only be transmitted through kissing.

Analyzing the sound of her voice, I'm sure she didn't have the flu... plus she never mentioned it. If bacterial, it wouldn't have mattered anyway since none of my students would kiss her on the lips.

Basically what I'm trying to get to is Professionalism. Here you are an hour before class giving me such a lame excuse about not making it after giving me your word a week ago. I mean, HELLO! People should be honest enough and tell them at least a night before that they can't make it because they just don't feel like doing so. It may sound a little cold and inconsiderate, but at least you were able to be honest about it.

I believe that any openminded person would just take it cooly and adjust to the loss in human resources. There's no reason to be scared.

Ughh, well at least I was able to survive teaching the class alone. The two hours seemed kinda slow at some point then later on it was like "Oh my God, times up already!" My students were really cooperative and seemed interested to learn.

Inshallah (God willing) they maintain this momentum until Wednesday and pull an impressive fashion show on Wednesday.

Until then, keep posted amigas...

No comments:

Post a Comment