7.26.2009

my new baby!!!

Last Thursday, our car was finally released by the showroom. It was a great relief for the family, especially for baba, since they've delayed its delivery for days after we've paid it off. What's funny was that they were telling baba that they needed to get a full payment first prior to processing the license plate. Baba didn't want to do that because he knew that once they got the cash, they'd chillax and leave us chasing after them.

Mom and I didn't want to believe him at first, so we kept telling him to pay it off... I guess he had enough when he went there and settled everything on Tuesday morning. The sales representative promised baba that they'd release the car on Thursday morning, but guess what? No truck was available to deliver our car to the showroom!

Ughhh! It was such a disappointment since we've blocked Thursday morning off for nothing. Baba was telling the manager that they've gotta release the car by the afternoon or else he'd be launching a complaint.

So all they needed was a nine-letter word (complaint) to expedite the entire process. And as expected, baba's mobile went off at the exact time they promised. Thank God we didn't have any guests visiting us that afternoon.

The car was picked up well before the teenage drivers invaded the freeways and streets of Khobar. Thank God! It's really a skill to be sharing the concrete with them. It's nothing to baba but it was issue for mom since she said that the car was mine!

Mine????

Seriously? And she said, yeah. It's an automatic SUV, enough to put in all the shoes, accessories, clothes, and bags that I needed. Plus, it's got enough space to sit all my friends. It really caught me offguard and for the time she was talking... I felt the world stop. Literally.

No wonder why the letters of the license plate read my initials! I never realized it. Awww... a brand new SUV to drive around camp. What a great commodity. I could've just settled for a hand-me-down sedan, but yeah, and SUV does have its advantages! :)

As you can guess, it was difficult for me to sleep that night. Not only coz I was excited to my toes, but also coz I know having a car requires responsibility. It's not enough to have good music playing and a beautiful lady behind the wheel.

Looking at the keys laying on the table now... I'm thinking if I should drive or just take the circuit bus to the commissary. Omg, so stressful!

LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment