8.09.2009

creepy phonecall

My phone rang at 2:30 am today and since then I've been in and out of sleep until it was time to get ready for work. The call didn't register a name but it had a number that was really familiar to me... it was the number of the guy who's been trying to get a hold of me for the past six years 'to meet up' you know what that means.



Okay in all fairness to the guy, he's not as bad as you think. He comes from a pretty good family, has better knowledge in English, got a university degree, and could pass for a head-turner. We met a looooong time ago in an arts class and since then he's been trying to get a hold of me. But because my protective parents and cultural stereotypes in the Kingdom, it didn't really happen.



Well it did happen, like two years ago, but it was just a brief dizzy-ing ride in his car. We just talked and caught up on each others' life.



What I don't really like about this guy was how he seemed to always want me in bed. Okay he's been allegedly waiting years and years for me, but that's no reason to ask me to sleep with him. It's scary because it's rare that I find men or guys to be approaching me in that sort of manner. I can't believe he thinks that all women are like what he sees on TV.



Grow up dude.



Yes, his attitude has been troubling me for many months now and was worse when my parents decided to uproot me out of California and the Philippines. Now, my paranoia of bumping into him or him stalking me is through the roof because it is strange to receive a phonecall in the middle of deep sleep.



I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and think that probably he got married and his wife was going through his phonebook. Say it was his wife who placed the call, how unusual it is for her to do such a thing knowing that it is too early for people to wake up, even for the Fajr prayer! All the more her husband would've found out about the investigation she's done once he starts getting call backs from her missed calls.

If he's not yet married, then it must've been some act of hope for a booty call. Knowing him, it's either that or he was close to passing after shots of vodka that he read Mom rather than my name.

Whatever the reason, getting a phonecall from someone who resurrected from the dead two years later is totally freaky! I recall how rare he'd send me a text--so calling me was like finding a needle in a haystack.

Well, where ever this may lead to, I just hope and pray that I never bump into him ever again. People like him shouldn't be given a cellphone to wake up other more heavenly souls. LOL.

As for me, I think it's god's reminder to learn how to turn off my cell at night. Many people I know do that but I get so worried about my alarm not going off or some emergency call coming in that I'd miss. My phone's off like only three hours a week. Had I switched it off last night, none of this paranoia or freaky-ness would've happened. But then again, hadn't this call came in, I would never have known that some eyes have began following me.



Oh............................. bummer.

Please pray for my safety. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment