8.13.2009

im feeling lonely

I just logged off Facebook after checking out many of my friends' profiles. Majority of them are in a relationships and some scored great (or so the picture depicts) husbands or wives. Since I've recently broke up with my boyfriend, it got me thinking about my future.

My ex seemed to be my answered prayer until our relationship began to fold up. He didn't see the point of establishing a good relationship with my family and could be short-tempered at times; although he cools off as fast as he blew the roof off. Ex could afford and cope up with my lifestyle. He knows that I don't really like eating at fastfood restaurants so he'd always take me to the fine dining ones... which I greatly appreciated. There was even one time he peeled the skin off the grapes for me since he knew how I disliked its taste. Sweet huh? =)

Now, I don't see myself reconciling with him. The closest I could be is his bestfriend. We've started that relationship and it's amazing how much we both respect it. I just worry about how our future spouses would react and accept our friendship.... Anyways... that's tooooo far in the future to think about.

My parents have been very supportive of all my career and life decisions. They put me in good educational institutions and gave me a really comfortable life. I am very fortunate to have such a wonderful family. But I'm getting worried about what's going to happen in the next couple of years. How sure am I that my future husband has the potential to become as successful as my parents? How sure am I that he'll be able to support and cope with my lifestyle?

I guess this is something bugging many women my age.

I wish and pray hard that my future husband would be the perfect one for me. He may have several attributes that aren't too pleasing, but the most important thing is that he'll love me for who I am and support my dreams and goals. Of course I'd reciprocate, I'm not selfish. I don't mean to sound materialistic or 'gold-digger'-ish, but I'd like him to have a home near a body of water (but not a swimming pool) fit to have four children, a sexy coupe, and a reliable savings account. LOL. On a serious note, he must have a really good relationship with his parents, especially his mom, and a stable job in a longstanding company.

OMG...

I just re-read what I typed and it seemed like some sort of ad on craigslist or some online dating website. Well, I'm not that desperate!! It was just fit for today's topic. I told mom about this before and she smiled and said:

Habibti, it is great to define what you want in a man, because it is like defining yourself. Remember that in order to find your ideal man, you need to be the ideal woman first.

Okay....... So, I'm not a woman of genius IQ matched with beauty queen vital statistics, but I do know that I am pleasing to the eye. Ha! (Mashallah) LOL. I have a red sedan in the Philippines and a white SUV here... I may not have property under my name yet.... Savings account, check!.... (Amount...? hmm, fluctuating. LOL) I love baba and mom.... and I'm working hard at work everyday.

Beach house, reliable savings account, and stable job...? These are what I need to become the ideal woman in order to find my ideal man. Inshallah by 2011 I'd have achieved all these.




Mom is right... I love her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment